Chicago - Must see/do you have loved the most

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Degree
I've been several times, so have done a lot of the normal tourist stuff already.

But for those of you that have been or live there, what did you do that you loved the most.

Could be trips, areas, food, etc.

I'm going next week for the entire week... so I have some time to waste.

Give me some recommendations.

I'll give you mine:

1. Deep dish pizza try out. Pequiods, Lou Malnatis, Geodarnos, etc - I know I spelled all those wrong. Lou's was my fav though.

2. Bean - I mean you gotta go see this and mark it off.

3. Willis Tower

4. Architecture tour along river.

5. Chicago dog and Italian beef, various places

6. Lincoln Park

7. Ohio St and various other beaches

I'm staying north of the Loop, along side Navy Pier on Magnif. Mile. Anything close to there would be awesome, but Im down to travel south, west, or north up to 1-hour.

I used to live there.

1. Just ride the El train around the downtown. Orange Line or Brown line goes in a loop through all the downtown buildings and you can see everything.
2. The riverwalk.
3. Architectural boat tour along lake michigan that talks about all the buildings etc
4. If you dont mind some ghetto areas, theres this great place to get tripe tacos, best anywhere. https://maps.app.goo.gl/pgT4VtqHrt5Twm919 lock your doors and watch your back but the tacos are worth it.
5. Goose island shrimp house. frog legs

I used to live there.

1. Just ride the El train around the downtown. Orange Line or Brown line goes in a loop through all the downtown buildings and you can see everything.
2. The riverwalk.
3. Architectural boat tour along lake michigan that talks about all the buildings etc
4. If you dont mind some ghetto areas, theres this great place to get tripe tacos, best anywhere. https://maps.app.goo.gl/pgT4VtqHrt5Twm919 lock your doors and watch your back but the tacos are worth it.
5. Goose island shrimp house. frog legs

That Taquerias Ochoas looks good.

I don't mind ghetto-y myself personally. I grew up in some places worst than that.

But my wife and daughters didn't, so they don't really have the street smarts and sense I do. I'd have to go alone to feel "better" just in case. I could hear them already if someone even stared at them oddly....

I might take the Red by myself down there, or the Orange. Last time I took the Red it was pretty bad... Looks like I could take the Green and walk 2 more blocks over though too.

Will let you know how it goes.

Its a pretty far walk to both the redline and the orange line and through some rough areas. I used to walk it regularly but I knew which blocks to avoid. might be easier and safer to just uber

Back