What's your take on AI generated content?

Honestly, what Adobe did with that car pic was pretty impressive. I do use Midjourney for my own business, but so many people using AI have no soul and it scares me.

There are several articles about how Amazon is now overflowing with completely AI-generated books about foraging for wild food. The books are written by "authoritative authors" that are completely fictional. That's a death waiting to happen.

Also, for my own site (hyperlocal). Both Bing and Google have AI-generated answers for the vast majority of keywords, so it definitely affects click-through rate in a big way.

Last edited:
caN8jrX.png

Jokes aside, something I'm interested in right now is the idea of poisoning data sets. Imagine a pump and dump scheme that feeds bad information to AI tools that are then used to buy up a stock, for example.

It could be as easy as taking common questions and pumping the Internet full of various fake answers to those questions. Generative AI typically cannot tell the difference.

This avenue could easily be used by foreign governments for various purposes as well.

Back