How can I quickly grow my email list?

tziahs

BuSo Pro
Degree
By leveraging my social media profiles?

Hey guys,

I have a fairly large social media following for my blog. I want to use it to grow my email list to get even better reach and engagement.

For instance, I have 10k Facebook followers, a Facebook Group with 1k members, 5k followers on Instagram, plus 2k Twitter followers. I want to invite these people to my list, but I don't know how...

Should I send private message with the lead magnet and landing page?
Can I get banned if I do this?

Any other post link on social media has very, very low reach.

Any of you have experience with this? Getting email subs from social media profiles?

Can I dm people and send them to an eBook in exchange for their emails?

Thanks!

Sure, if you have an ebook that's bringing some value then post on your profiles and DM to see if they're interested.

What have you tried so far?

Why not bribe them? Either with exclusive content... draw for gift cards or give away $1,000 (is that legal?)... normally I would say don't bribe because you get unqualified followers... but since you've already qualified them by having these folks follow you elsewhere it could be worth a shot.

Sure, if you have an ebook that's bringing some value then post on your profiles and DM to see if they're interested.

What have you tried so far?
I am using a quiz tool to create engagement and capture emails. I also have an eBook I will use as a lead magnet for my social media following. I already use it on the actual website.

The question is - will DMs actually work? I tried a few dozen DMs and I can't decide if they do work or not.

Why not bribe them? Either with exclusive content... draw for gift cards or give away $1,000 (is that legal?)... normally I would say don't bribe because you get unqualified followers... but since you've already qualified them by having these folks follow you elsewhere it could be worth a shot.
I thought about running a competition, with some prizes, or even fake prizes. But that's kinda ugh...

I am using a quiz tool to create engagement and capture emails. I also have an eBook I will use as a lead magnet for my social media following. I already use it on the actual website.

The question is - will DMs actually work? I tried a few dozen DMs and I can't decide if they do work or not.

I thought about running a competition, with some prizes, or even fake prizes. But that's kinda ugh...
How good is the ebook? Is it really good? Like how much money do you think your ideal follower would be willing to spend on it and feel like they got good value?

Is it possible to setup a members area where users can sign up, giving you their email, so they can engage or download further "stuff". That way when you are promoting you can say get the free ebook by logging in to XYZ, and push that across all your mediums.

A login/members area is the easiest way since it's a round about way of getting people on a mailing list. Examples is BuSo, old SERPWoo, Reddit, FB, they all require login to access data, and can email you whenever they feel like it. Start thinking along those lines will get you to collect your audience faster.

The only way I've ever signed up for newsletters, and I do all the time, is when the platform is giving great/quality content and ideas. Cliche but telling a story well will have your audience waiting with bated breath for new stuff. They'll even follow you to new platforms.

Back